For over 44 years the Native Addictions Council Manitoba has been unique in that we use Traditional Practices in our additions treatment program. We employ a holistic concept of healing: Mind, Body and Spirit. They are geared to the recovery from substance abuse, as well as holistic recovery of one's life. List of some topics includes:
- Values and beliefs
- Grief and loss
- Prevention and recovery plan
Programs offered:The Native Addictions Council of Manitoba currently offers three programs as well as meetings that are open to the public. Outreach Programs - Outreach Program Brochure
- Outreach Closed Group This is a 7 week closed group that runs Monday through Thursday with Fridays being set aside for personal one on one counselling sessions. A family week program is held in the 6th week.
- Outreach Open Group This is an on-going group that takes place primarily in the evenings and weekends. Some participants are referred as a follow-up while others attend as part of a pre-treatment requirement for other programs. Individuals who are employed or need childcare may also be referred to the program. Counselling is available throughout this time.
Pritchard House - Pritchard House Program Brochure
This is a five week residential treatment program. Participants stay at the facility for the duration.
Components and Services
- Individual Counselling
- Open AA Meetings (see schedule)
- Traditional Parenting Classes (Certificates Available upon completion)
- Open NA Meetings (see schedule)
- Traditional Crafting Classes
- Open CA Meetings (see schedule)
- Native Language Classes (Cree, Ojibway, Sioux - depending on availability)
- Family Week (6th week)
- Anger Management (Monday evenings, once a month)
- Berry and Herb Picking excursions (depending on season)
- Traditional Learning Circles (Mondays are cultural days)
- Beach trips (in season)
- Traditional Ceremonies/Practices (depending on season)
Go to top